Each AccuPoint™ Insulin Pen Needle has an outer shield closed with a peel tab which indicates the specification of the needle. Into each the outer shield:
- Pen Needle with universal compatibility attachment to insulin pen;
- Inner shield to reduce injuries.
- Shorter injection needles reduce the risk of a painful injection into the muscle;
- Equipped with a sharpened cartridge point for a perfect fragmentation-free injection;
- Allows for convenient and easy flow of medication without any impurities;
- Specially designed for universal fit, so will fit most dosers and pens sold in the market.
- Take a new needle and tear off the paper tab.
- Push the needle straight onto the pen. Keep turning until it is on tight.
- Slowly and carefully pull off the outer needle cap and keep it for later use, as you will need it after the injection procedure to safely remove the used needle from the pen.
Carefully pull off the inner needle cap and dispose of it accordingly, so to prevent you from stabbing yourself with the needle when attempting to put it back on.
Note that if you are taking insulin, you have to always inspect the flow before you begin to inject so as to ensure you get your full dose of insulin.
- Always use a new needle. The needles are sterile and are intended for single use only. Reusing the needle could damage the needle tip and its protective coating, resulting in blockage or increase the risk of needle breakage;
- Used needles should be carefully disposed of after use so as to reduce the risk of injury to others.