Creatine Kinase-MB (CK-MB) is an enzyme usually found in heart muscle cells.
Our body makes three forms of Creatine Kinase, one of them is Creatine Kinase-MB. Creatine Kinase appears in the heart, muscles, intestines, brain, and uterus. During a heart attack, the injured heart muscle cells release Creatine Kinase-MB. This test helps the healthcare professional to know if the heart attack occurred.
Timing is important when taking the test. Taking the test too soon right after a heart attack can have false negative results.
Interested in more Products?
For more test kits, you can also check the following related products:
- This is a newer rapid, sensitive, and specific technology;
- This technology is portable, automatic, and easily disposable;
- The sensitivity and specificity are fully validated and currently fulfill the basic requirements of rapid diagnostic tests;
- They are available, affordable, and usable as a point of care tests.
Bring tests, specimens to room temperature (between 15 and 30°C) before use. Then, remove the test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, the test should be performed within one hour after opening. Continue the testing by placing the test device on a clean and level surface.
Next, for serum or plasma specimens, hold vertically and transfer 2 drops of serum or plasma (50μl) to the specimen well of the test device, then start the timer. Hold the strip by the end, where the product name is printed. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
As an alternative, you can transfer 3 drops of whole blood specimen (75μl) to the specimen well of the device with the provided disposable pipette, then add 1 drop of buffer and start the timer.
Your third option is to allow 3 hanging drops of fingerstick whole blood specimen to fall into the center of the specimen well on the device, then adding 1 drop of buffer and starting the timer. In any case, avoid trapping air bubbles in the specimen well, and do not add any solution to the result area. As the test begins to work, the color will migrate across the membrane.
Wait for the colored band(s) to appear. Keep in mind that results should be read at 10 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 20 minutes.
- This kit is designed for in vitro use only. Eating, drinking, or smoking in the area where the specimens or kits are handled is not advisable;
- Standard precautions for handling infectious agents should be observed when using this kit;
- Wear standard protective clothing such as a lab coat and disposable gloves when handling specimens and assay reagents in accordance with local regulations;
- Wash hands thoroughly after use;
- In the case of wash solution contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.