Malaria is a serious, sometimes fatal, parasitic disease characterized by fever, chills, and anaemia, and is transmitted from one human to another by the bite of infected Anopheles mosquitoes. There are four kinds of parasites that can infect human: Plasmodium falciparum, P. vivax, P. ovale, and P. malariae. The disease now occurs in more than 90 countries worldwide, and it is estimated that there are over 500 million clinical cases and 2.7 million malaria-caused deaths per year. At present, malaria is diagnosed microscopically by looking for the parasites in a drop of blood.
AccuQuik’s malaria diagnostic test kits are accurate in 98% of cases, clearly demonstrating their reliability. Certain medical factors may influence the result of the test, for instance, an individual taking other medications should consult a doctor before taking the test.
Interested in more Products?
For more test kits, you can also check the following related products:
- This is newer technology which is rapid, sensitive, and specific;
- This technology is portable, automatic, and easily disposable;
- The sensitivity and specificity is fully validated and currently fulfills the basic requirement of a rapid diagnostic test;
- They are affordable, available, and able to be used as a point of care test.
Allow the test kit to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Remove the test cassette from the sealed pouch and use within 1 hour. Place the cassette on a clean and level surface.
For serum or plasma specimen: Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 drops of serum or plasma (approximately 75 μL) to the specimen area, and start the timer.
For venipuncture whole blood specimen: Hold the dropper vertically and transfer 3 drops of whole blood (approximately 75 μL) to the specimen area, then add 1 drop of buffer and start the timer.
Wait for the colored line(s) to appear.
Results will appear in 10-12 minutes. Interpretation of the results after 20 minutes is not recommended.
- This kit is designed for in vitro use only. Eating, drinking, or smoking in the area where the specimens or kits are handled is not advisable;
- Standard precautions for handling infectious agents should be observed when using this kit;
- Wear standard protective clothing such as a lab coat and disposable gloves when handling specimens and assay reagents in accordance with local regulations;
- Wash hands thoroughly after use;
- In the case of wash solution contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.