Always consult a Medical doctor or patient care specialist before using
Indications and Usage
Itraconazole is indicated in the treatment of a variety of fungal infections. It works by stopping the fungal growth and this antifungal agent fights infections caused by fungus.
Do not take itraconazole if:
- You are allergic to its active ingredients;
- You have other allergies;
- You have kidney/liver disease;
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- You are going to drive;
- You have not informed your doctor about the medicines you are taking.
Administration and Dosage
Use of itraconazole capsules during pregnancy or breastfeeding does not appear to be harmful.
Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking itraconazole capsules. Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the advisable dosage. The usual dose for adults is 100mg or 200mg taken
after a full meal. The usual dose for children is 100mg or less taken after a full meal depending on age and body weight.
Possible interactions with itraconazole capsules include:Drugs like: antibiotics, antipsychotics or sedatives, antiviral medicines, cancer drugs, cardiac medications, steroids, narcotic pain medicines, medicines for high cholesterol, immunosuppressants and migraine headache medicines.
Itraconazole capsules should not be taken with alcohol. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with itraconazole capsules.
Itraconazole is contraindicated if:
- You have ever had congestive heart failure;
- You have not told your doctor about all the medicines you are taking;
- You have other systemic conditions that need professional considerations
Taking more medicines may cause poisoning and serious side effects. Please call the emergency department if you suspect itraconazole capsules overdose.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
For more antifungals, you can also check the following related products: