HOW TO READ THE TEST
Compare test window color forming in the strip holder with box pH Guide colors:
- Bacterial infection ongoing: test is positive when pH values are higher than 4.5;
- Negative Result: when pH values are below or equal to 4.5
You should use the vaginal pH test kit if you suffer from but not limited to the following symptoms itching, burning, abnormal vaginal discharge or foul vaginal odor. This test will help you determine if you are most likely suffering from bacterial infection and need to seek medical treatment.
Interested in more Products?
For more test kits, you can also check the following related products:
- This is a newer rapid, sensitive, and specific technology;
- This technology is portable, automatic, and easily disposable;
- The sensitivity and specificity are fully validated and currently fulfill the basic requirements of rapid diagnostic tests;
- They are available, affordable, and usable as a point of care tests.
Wash your hands before doing a vaginal pH swab and remove the pH swab from the package. Don’t let the pH paper to make contact with anything. Hold the swab so that the strip is facing your thumb and spread your labia with the other hand. Insert the swab into the vagina and make the paper come into full contact vaginal wall and hold for 5 seconds. Remove the swab and do not make contact with the paper.
The Vaginal pH test kit works when the yellow tip comes into contact with vaginal discharge. If the color changes to blue or green, it means the environment in a vagina is abnormal acid.
When doing the test make sure you are completely dry before using the test because the excess water can affect the results.
- Don’t use if you suffer from pre-menopause, menopause symptoms or are using hormonal therapy;
- Do not perform the test if it is one day before, or five days after your period;
- Do not perform the test if it is less than 48 hours after sexual intercourse or vaginal douching;
- Do not use a test that is past its expiration date;
- Do not freeze.