Getting tested is useful if trying to impregnate your partner and to determine after a vasectomy if the operation was successful.
For testing, the sample must be analyzed within one hour of collection. Do not have sex or masturbate for 2 to 5 days before collecting the sample.
Male infertility issues can be caused by damage to the testicles caused by but not limited to infections, chemotherapy, trauma, surgery or anything that lowers LH and FSH levels. Several other factors may affect sperm count as in alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, and drugs.
Treating infertility depends on the condition and reasons for infertility. Turn to a medical professional for further instructions.
Abnormal results decrease fertilization chances. However, a woman may still get pregnant. On the opposite, even with good results, there may still be problems with impregnation.
Interested in more Products?
For more test kits, you can also check the following related products:
- Test in the privacy of your home;
- Results equivalent to a lab sperm count;
- Easy to read results;
- The sensitivity and specificity are fully validated and currently fulfill the basic requirements of rapid diagnostic tests;
- They are available, affordable, and usable as a point of care tests.
You must wait three days after your last ejaculation before you collect a sample for testing. Freshly ejaculated sperm has a gel-like consistency. Overtime (at least one hour or longer) the sample thins to a liquid consistency. Only semen that is thinned should be used.
- Collect semen. Semen may be collected by masturbation directly into the liquefaction cup provided. Avoid touching the inside of the liquefaction cup;
- Place the lid on the liquefaction cup and swirl gently at least 10 times. Wait at least 15 minutes but no longer than 12 hours to begin testing. Swirl the liquefaction cup again before testing;
- Open the foil pouch and remove the contents. Place the test cassette on a flat surface with the wells facing up;
- Swirl the liquefaction cup before removing the lid. Hold and squeeze the plastic dropper. Place the tip into the semen sample and release the pressure slowly to draw semen into the dropper;
- Add a drop of semen to the test well and let it soak in for at least a minute;
- Add 2 drops of the sperm solution bottle to the test well and let the drops soak in for at least a minute;
- Add 2 drops of a clear solution to the test well and let them soak in for at least a minute;
- Read results within 5 minutes by comparing the color in the test well to the color in the reference well.
- For in vitro diagnostic use only;
- Do not use after expiration date;
- Color blindness and improper lighting may affect the interpretation of test results;
- Do not use if pouch is damaged.