- This is newer technology which is rapid, sensitive, and specific;
- This technology is portable, automatic, and easily disposable;
- The sensitivity and specificity is fully validated and currently fulfill the basic requirement of a rapid diagnostic test;
- They are available, affordable, and able to be used as a point of care test.
AccuQuik’s drug test kit consists of one individual test strip in the chamber of a plastic holder. On the test strip, a drug conjugate is pre-coated onto the specific region known as the test region (T). A colored antibody-colloidal gold conjugate is coated onto a pad and placed at end of the test strip.
During testing, the drug test kit device is dipped into a urine sample. This allows the urine to come into contact with the sample pad, which allows the urine to move across the strip. If any drug is present in the urine, it competes with the drug conjugate for the limited binding sites on the colored antibody colloidal gold conjugate.
Allow the test kit to reach room temperature (15-30°C) prior to testing.
- Open the pouch and remove the device from the pouch;
- Dip the device into the urine sample for at least 10 seconds and remove. Do not dip above where the arrows are marked;
- Place the device on a flat surface;
- Read the results after 5 minutes. Do not read the results after 1 hour.
This kit is designed for in vitro use only. Eating, drinking, or smoking in the area where the specimens or kits are handled is not advisable.
Be careful with urine because it may contain infectious diseases. Always wear gloves and wash your hands with soap and water after handling urine.
Do not use this test if you are color-blind.
The dilution of urine may cease the facilitation of the test.
A positive test result does not always mean the donor has abused drugs as it may have been prescribed by a doctor.
Do not store and or expose test kits to temperatures greater than 30°C