Always consult a medical doctor or patient care specialist before using ramipril capsules.
Indications and Usage
Ramipril is used to manage high blood pressure; it is also used to manage heart failure in people with a history of heart attack and can be taken in combination with other arterial pressure medications.
Ramipril is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, and death (due to failing heart function) in people who are at increased risk of these conditions.
Administration and Dosage
Use of ramipril during pregnancy or breastfeeding does appear to be harmful.
Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking ramipril.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the advisable dosage.
The usual dose for adults is 2.5–20mg per day.
Ramipril is not for children below 18 years.
Possible interactions with ramipril capsules include potassium supplements, water pills, mood stabilizers, pain medications, blood pressure drugs, and heart failure drugs.
Ramipril capsules should not be taken with alcohol.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with ramipril capsules.
Ramipril is contraindicated if:
- You are sharing it with another person
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a history of low blood pressure
- You are allergic to its active ingredients
- You are taking other medications without your doctor’s consent
- You are intending to get pregnant.
Taking more medicine may cause poisoning and serious side effects. Please call the emergency department if you suspect ramipril capsules overdose.
Adverse Reactions and Precautions
Do not take ramipril if:
- You have low blood pressure
- You are allergic to it
- You are 17 years and younger
- You are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- You have not consulted with your doctor or patient care specialist.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
AdvaCare also offers other products that can help lower blood pressure, discover a few of them here below: