Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking albendazole oral suspension.
If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Driving or operating machinery is okay, as it does not cause any ailment. Adverse effects on the ability to drive or operate machinery have not been observed.
Do NOT use albendazole tablet if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
It is not known whether albendazole or its metabolites are secreted in human breast milk. Thus it should not be used during lactation unless the potential benefits are considered to outweigh the potential risks associated with treatment.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise.
Administration and Dosage
Usual dose for adults is:
- Less than 60kg: 15mg/kg/day orally in divided doses twice a day with meals Maximum dose: 800mg/day;
- 60kg or more: 400mg orally twice a day with meals;
- Duration of therapy: 28-day cycle followed by a 14-day drug-free interval, for a total of 3 cycles.
Usual does for children is:
- Children less than 20kg: 200mg orally as a single dose; repeat in 2 weeks;
- Children at least 20kg: 400mg orally as a single dose; repeat in 2 weeks;
Albendazole may interact with the following medications: cimetidine, dexamethasone, praziquantel, and theophylline. We cannot guarantee that this information includes all possible interactions, therefore, consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with albendazole tablet.
Interested in more Products?
For more anthelmintic, you can also check the following related products: