For more information about our Adhesive Transparent Medical Tape
email us at: email@example.com
- Adhesive transparent medical tape is portable and convenient for use when traveling, and can easily be stored in a first aid kit;
- Medical tape is easy to use and need little instruction;
- There are numerous sizes of adhesive transparent medical tape to choose from. Some wounds are large and require more dressing than a minor wound, and hence would require wider, longer tape to secure it. The AdvaCare range of adhesive transparent medical tape accommodates every wound, no matter the size;
- Adhesive transparent medical tape secures dressings and tubing/devices to a wound, assisting the healing process;
- Adhesive transparent medical tape is water resistant, making it ideal for applications that benefit from liquid resistance;
- Transparent material enables examination of the underlying skin/dressing;
- Adhesive transparent medical tape is extremely affordable, making it accessible to a wide range of people.
Adhesive transparent medical tape is ideal for holding a dressing in place over a wound, cut, abrasion, blister, or other injuries that are relatively minor. It is adhesive, and should not be placed directly on the wound, but it should secure the dressing without making the direct contact. The tape provides some resistance to water, protecting the wound from becoming wet which may prolong the healing process.
To apply the tape, ensure the wound is cleaned thoroughly to remove any debris or foreign bodies, and a dressing is positioned correctly over the wound. The size of the dressing, and hence the tape that is securing it, should be considered in relation to the size of the wound. If a wound is large, a large-sized dressing and hence a larger tape must be used to cater to the size of the wound. The tape is wrapped around the dressing, taking care not to move the dressing out of position and off the wound. Multiple layers of tape may be required to properly fix the dressing in place. If tubing or a device is being secured to the skin, the same precautions must be taken.
Take care not to touch the wound, as this may aggravate it. Changing the dressing and the tape on a frequent basis is recommended. If the tape gets saturated with water or soiled, it should be replaced with a fresh wrapping of tape.
It is imperative that adhesive transparent medical tape is not used if the packaging or seal is compromised. Evidence of this may suggest tampering or loss of sterility. If one should come across tape inside comprised packaging, the correct course of action is to dispose of it quickly and safely.
- It is important that adhesive transparent medical tape is not reused. Once used, the device is not fit to be salvaged for further used, as sterilization cannot be retained. Re-using tape can result in infections being transmitted, or loss of stickiness and hence inability to properly secure the dressing;
- You must prepare the tape for use in a clean, sterile environment, absent of bodily fluids or other sources of contamination;
- Adhesive transparent medical tape should be stored in a cool, dry location away from direct sunlight. Failure to do so may reduce the stickiness of the tape, decreasing its ability to secure dressings and tubing/devices in place;
- Promptly and safely dispose of any tape that has touched a potentially contaminated surface;
- There is no breathable version of this type of tape, which must be taken into consideration when opting for this tape;
- If the adhesive transparent medical tape has blood or any other bodily substance on it, it must be handled as biohazard waste.
The range of adhesive transparent medical tape offered by AdvaCare is composed of plastic polyethylene, with a hypoallergenic adhesive.