Bouffant - EconoSafe (Weight: 10g/㎡) (MCP-01);Bouffant - XtraSafe (Weight: 35g/㎡) (MCP-02);Mob - EconoSafe (Weight: 10g/㎡) (MCP-03);Mob - XtraSafe (Weight: 16g/㎡) (MCP-04);Surgeon - EconoSafe (Weight: 20g/㎡) (MCP-05);Surgeon - XtraSafe (Weight: 45g/㎡) (MCP-06);Surgeon - XtraSafe Ultra (Spunlace) (MCP-07)
AdvaCare is a CE, ISO and USFDA manufacturer and global supplier of Medical Caps. The StaySafe™ brand of Medical Caps are internationally distributed and recognized for reliable quality and exceptional value. With distribution across developed and developing markets alike, our products are uniquely positioned as the brand of choice for medical professionals.
The primary function of medical caps is to provide protection for the patient and the medical operator from infections by a physical barrier, much like hospital gowns. Caps also stop loose hair being exposed through covering of the hair.
There are a number of substances which must be protected against in a surgical environment, including body fluids like blood and chemicals agents used during surgery.
Potentially infectious material that medial caps may defend against includes microbial agents such as bacteria and viruses.
Medical caps primarily protect the patient by preventing hair which may harbor contaminants from falling and making contact with the patient. It also protects the medical operator from hair-borne contaminants.
Medical caps are available in three primary styles – Bouffant caps, Mob caps and Surgeon’s caps. The distinctive feature which differentiates these cap styles is their shape and structure.
Bouffant caps are the style of medical caps that are predominately use in a medical environment. They are identified by their loose, baggy appearance. These caps offer additional space for long hair or hair that is tied in a bun. Because women have longer hair on average than men, the majority of women select this cap to wear during a medical procedure.
Mob caps are distinguished from other caps by the bonnet shape. Its chief application is to enclose hair. This type of cap also has space for longer hair or hair that is tied up, however not as much as the bouffant style.
The third type of cap is the surgeon’s cap, and is worn by the surgeon during a surgical procedure. Unlike the elastic tie style of cap, like the bouffant or mob cap, the surgeons cap is fixed in position by tying it at the back of the head, and is easily put on and removed.
Medical caps are composed of two main materials, polypropylene and spunlace. Polypropylene is the most prolific material, and the majority of caps are made from this material. The advantages of polypropylene are that it is useful in repelling water as well as being chemically resistant. It is also lightweight, comfortable and elastic, durable and has insulating properties. Spunlace is the material of choice for the XtraSafe Ultra Surgeon model, and offers the highest level of protection and breathability among all caps. It is also the most expensive.
Medical caps are made from lightweight, breathable material for maximum comfort.
Because of their ability to shield hair falling, caps that are designed with the same principles as medical caps are used in the food industry, to stop hair from entering food that is being prepared.
All of the medical caps in the range offered by AdvaCare are 100% latex free, making them available for use by everyone regardless of any allergy to latex.
Cap selection should be made based on the specific aspects of the procedure, as well as personal preference. Both the surgeons and patients comfort is imperative to ensure the surgery is performed safely.
Interested in more Products?
For more medical wear and clothing, you can also check the following related products:
Benefits of Medical Caps:
- Variety of materials, each one catering to the different needs of the procedure, the patient, and the wearer;
- Relatively inexpensive, safe to use;
- All medical caps offered in the AdvaCare range are latex free, meaning everyone can use them regardless if one has a latex allergy;
- Both the elastic and tie-on style for cap fastening is convenient for putting on and removal;
- Protects the wearer and the patient from contracting infections due to cross contamination;
- Prevents loose hair from falling, reducing the risk of transmitting infectious or contaminated material;
- Medical caps available in multiple sizes and styles. There is a cap that fits everybody’s desires;
- Breathable, lightweight, strong material provides a high level of comfort for the wearer of the cap;
- Relatively inexpensive;
- Medical caps are water resistant and sturdy.
Correct size of cap must be worn by the user, as caps that are ill-fitting may compromise there protective traits or hinder the comfort of the wearer whilst under extreme pressure, characteristic of a surgery.
Medical professionals with longer hair should opt for a bouffant or mob style cap in order to effectively contain all hair. If the cap does not offer sufficient space for the hair, it may cause the hair to be exposed and increase the risk of transmitting contaminated material.
Medical caps are fastened onto the head, ensuring correct fit and comfort is attained. Slight adjustments may be necessary in order to achieve this. The wearer is ready for surgical operation.
It is imperative that the medical cap is not used if the packaging or seal is compromised. Evidence of this may suggest tampering or contamination. If one should come across caps inside comprised packaging, the correct course of action is to dispose of it quickly and safely.
- Must prepare the cap for use in a clean, sterile environment, absent of bodily fluids or other sources of contamination;
- In the case of long hair, a cap with sufficient space to contain the hair must be opted for, in order to prevent exposure and risk contamination transmission;
- Promptly and safely dispose of any caps that have touched a potentially contaminated surface;
- Correct material must be selected according to procedure – high risk procedures require a cap material that offers superior protection, for example the spunlace cap;
- Care must be taken when selecting the correct cap size – A comfortable, correct fit is imperative for the wearer to perform a procedure to a high standard and to maintain safety.
Medical caps are manufactured using a variety of materials. The materials used in the range offered by AdvaCare are polypropylene and spunlace.