- Variety of first aid kits each with a different array of materials, each one catering to the different needs and requirements of the owner;
- Economical models are available, meaning people can still have access to medical supplies eve if they are financially disadvantaged;
- Small, portable models are available, perfect for people on-the-go. Easily stored in a bag or purse;
- Large, comprehensive first aid kits are available, ideal for places like clinics and workplaces where a high volume of people reside. All-purpose kits contain the necessary equipment to treat numerous medical injuries that may be incurred;
- Ideal for travellers and individuals in remote places where medical assistance is not readily available;
- Every single kit in the AdvaCare range has an information booklet included, in order to educate the owner about the purposes of each piece, in what situations to apply them, and how to use them correctly.
Every component in the first aid kit is outlined in an instruction booklet on correct usage and which situations to apply them. Thorough reading of these is essential in order to effectively and safely deal with any medical emergencies or injuries that may be encountered.
It is recommended to read them to equip oneself with the knowledge before an incident occurs. During a medical emergency, every second counts, and the difference between survival and death could be determined by the speed in which the injury is treated, which relies on the knowledge of the person performing the treatment.
It is important that the correct first aid kit is chosen, for example if the kit is for a high number of people such as in the workplace, a kit of sufficient size and utility is required to accommodate every individual.
It is imperative that the products in the first aid kits are not used if the packaging or seal is compromised. Evidence of this may suggest tampering or contamination. If one should come across first aid kit products inside comprised packaging, the correct course of action is to dispose of it quickly and safely.
- Must prepare the first aid kit supplies for use in a clean, sterile environment, absent of bodily fluids or other sources of contamination;
- Promptly and safely dispose of any products that have touched a potentially contaminated surface;
- Sufficiently sized first aid kits are required for environments containing a lot of people, such as a workplace or school, to cater for every individual suffering from an injury or wound;
- It is important to keep the kit sufficiently stocked with medical supplies, and not let it run out. An empty kit is useless in the event of a medical emergency;
- The owner or operator of the kit should have a sound knowledge of all the products in the kit, i.e. how to use each product and which situations to use them in.