AdvaCare is a GMP manufacturer of Postnatal Support Multivitamin Supplements.
Breastfeeding and the postnatal phase after pregnancy is an essential time for the health of both the mother and newborn. A postnatal mother is responsible to feed her infant with nutritious milk, which can provide all the essential nutrients required for the growth and healthy development of the infant.
Meeting proper nutrient requirements are not only of paramount importance in the early days of infant development, but also for the mother who requires these nutrients to maintain health and recover from the effects of pregnancy. Supplementing with vitamins and minerals after giving birth can help recover from not only the physical, but also possible negative physiological effects of pregnancy.
Our Postnatal Support Multivitamin Supplements can help in providing nutritional support for both infant and mother throughout early motherhood and the period of breastfeeding.
Our Postnatal Support Standard Formula has been scientifically developed with micronutrients to help women combat possible micronutrient deficiencies in their post-natal or breastfeeding period:
- Vitamin A: Improves retinol concentrations in maternal breast milk, which facilitates visual health, immune function and fetal growth and development.
- B-complex Vitamins (vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12) : Aids in energy production, the proper functioning of the immune and nervous system, and in the production of red and white blood cells.
- Folic Acid: This B vitamin is best known for taking during pregnancy to prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, but it also reduces the risk of postpartum anemia and has been shown to alleviate the symptoms of postpartum depression.
- Vitamin C: Protects cells and keeps them healthy, helps wound healing and aids in the absorption of iron. This potent antioxidant is used for preventing and treating infections, fatigue and deficiency diseases like scurvy.
- Vitamin D3: Improves bone formation and aids in fighting against postpartum depression.
- Vitamin E: Powerful fat-soluble antioxidant, combats toxins to rejuvenate skin and health.
- Vitamin K1: Essential to prevent serious bleeding. Infants sometimes do not get sufficient vitamin K from their mothers during pregnancy or when breast feeding, increasing the risk of a rare disorder called “vitamin K deficiency bleeding”.
- Zinc: Combats postnatal depression and common nutritional deficiencies.
- Calcium: Supplementation can help to restore lost calcium after pregnancy and labor, and can aid in the skeleton and bone formation process of newborns through breast milk.
- Iron: Prevents risk from developing postpartum anameia.
- Biotin: Fuels healthy hair, nails and skin.
- Nicotinamide: Improves brain health, treating osteoarthritis, supporting a healthy gut, preventing some skin cancers, and even potentially promoting longevity.
- Phosphorus: Enhances bone mineralization in newborn infants by promoting calcium and magnesium absorption in the bones.
- Magnesium: Regulates neuron function through calcium flux in and out of cells, and potentially has a role in optimal thyroid functioning.
- Molybdenum: Combats early and progressive postnatal encephalopathy and intractable seizures.
- Chromium: Helps in the breaking down of stored fats, carbohydrates, and protein, and also works with the hormone insulin to maintain a normal level of glucose in your body.
- Sodium: Benefits in growth and development of newborn infants and also reduces the risk of hyponatremia, even aiding in healthy weight gain of infants.
- Copper: Possessing antimicrobial properties, this mineral plays an essential role for infant growth, red and white blood cells, iron transport, cholesterol and glucose metabolism, and for healthy bones, heart and brain.
- Potassium: Helps in relieving the symptoms of constipation and diarrhea, and also prevents high blood pressure and edema.
- Selenium: Shown to alleviate the symptoms of postpartum depression.
As with all supplements, some unwanted effects can occur. This product does not contain any added sugar, drugs or hormones. Always consult a doctor or health care professional for medical advice before use.
Common side effects include hypervitaminiosis or vitamin toxicity. Seek medical attention if any adverse effects occur.
For a comprehensive list of all possible effects, consult your doctor. If any symptom persists or gets worse, or you notice any other symptom, then please call your doctor or healthcare professional immediately.