Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking tramadol hydrochloride. If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Indications and Usage
It is an analgesic medication which is used as a pain reducer indicated for the management of moderate to moderately severe pain in adults.
Do not take tramadol hydrochloride tablet if:
- You severe asthma or breathing problems;
- You have blockage in your stomach or intestines;
- You have recently used alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, or narcotic medications;
- You had an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days (such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, or tranylcypromine).
Tramadol hydrochloride should not be given to children younger than 12 years old. Tramadol HCL tablets should not be given to anyone younger than 18 years old who recently had surgery to remove the tonsils or adenoids.
Seizures have occurred in some people taking tramadol hydrochloride. Talk with your doctor about your seizure risk, which may be higher if you have ever had:
- A head injury, epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- Drug or alcohol addiction;
- A metabolic disorder;
- If you also use certain antibiotics, antifungal medications, heart or blood pressure medications, or medicines to treat HIV or AIDS.
If you use tramadol hydrochloride tablets while you are pregnant, your baby could become dependent on the drug. This can cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the baby after it is born. Babies born dependent on habit-forming medicine may need medical treatment for several weeks. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Do not breast-feed while taking tramadol hydrochloride tablets. This medicine can pass into breast milk and cause drowsiness, breathing problems, or death in a nursing baby. To make sure tramadol is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- Liver or kidney disease;
- A stomach disorder;
- Mental illness, or suicide attempt;
- If you use a sedative like Valium (diazepam, alprazolam, lorazepam, Ativan, Klonopin, Restoril, Tranxene, Versed, Xanax, and others).
Driving or operating machinery should be avoided, as it may cause impairment. The person using tramadol hydrochloride tablets should be aware of that.
Administration and Dosage
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the advisable dosage. Usual dose for adults is: 50 to 100mg orally every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain. The maximum dose per day is limited to 400mg.
A total of 744 drugs are known to interact with tramadol. Please consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with tramadol.
Symptoms of overdose include trouble breathing and passing out. Other symptoms of overdose may include: slow breathing, slow/irregular heartbeat, coma and seizures. These symptoms have to be reported to the medical health professional. Seek medical help urgently. A tramadol overdose can be fatal.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
AdvaCare also offers different forms for Amoxicillin, discover few of them here below: