Always consult a medical doctor or patient care specialist before using pantoprazole capsules.
Indications and Usage
Pantoprazole is indicated in the treatment of certain stomach and esophagus problems. It relieves heartburn, persistent cough and aids in difficulty swallowing.
It helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus and has been known to prevent ulcers.
It helps prevent cancers of the esophagus.
Pantoprazole capsules help patients suffering from acid reflux and other stomach/esophageal problems.
Administration and Dosage
Use of pantoprazole capsules during pregnancy or breastfeeding does not appear to be harmful. Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking pantoprazole.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the advisable dosage. The usual dose for adults is 40mg per day, taken once a day with or without food.
The usual dose for children is 20mg taken once per day for up to 8 weeks depending on age and body weight.
Possible interactions with pantoprazole capsules include HIV drugs, anticoagulants, drugs that are affected by stomach ph, cancer medications, and some other herbs or vitamins you might be taking.
Pantoprazole capsules should not be taken with alcohol. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before treatment with pantoprazole capsules.
Pantoprazole is contraindicated if:
- You are allergic to any other benzimidazole medications;
- You are below 4 years of age;
- You have Vitamin B-12 deficiency.
- Also, do not use pantoprazole for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
Taking more pantoprazole capsules may cause poisoning and serious side effects.
Please call the emergency department if you suspect pantoprazole overdose.
Adverse Reactions and Precautions
Do not take pantoprazole if:
- You are allergic to it;
- You are allergic to similar drugs such as omeprazole and lansoprazole;
- You have other known allergies;
- You want to use it for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
- You have not told your doctor about your medical history, especially a history of lupus and liver disease.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
For more proton-pump inhibitors, you can also check the following related products: