For more information about our Ceftriaxone Sodium Powder for Injection
email us at: email@example.com
Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking ceftriaxone sodium injection.
Indications and Usage
Ceftriaxone sodium injection is indicated in the treatment of various infections which are as follows:
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infections caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus, Haemophilusinfluenzae, Haemophilusparainfluenzae, Klebsiellapneumoniae, Escherichia coli, Enterobacteraerogenes, Proteus mirabilis or Serratiamarcescens.
- Bacterial Otis Media Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilusinfluenzae (including beta-lactamase producing strains) or Moraxella catarrhalis (including beta-lactamase producing strains).
- Skin Infections Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus pyogenes, Viridans group streptococci, Escherichia coli, Enterobacter cloacae, Klebsiellaoxytoca, Klebsiellapneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, Morganellamorganii,1 Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Serratiamarcescens, Acinetobactercalcoaceticus, Bacteroidesfragilis2 or Peptostreptococcus species.
- Urinary Tract Infections caused by sensitive strains of E. coli, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, Morganellamorganii or Klebsiellapneumoniae.
- Bone and Joint Infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiellapneumoniae or Enterobacter species.
Do not take ceftriaxone sodium powder for injections if:
- You are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients;
- You have renal or hepatic impairment ;
- You have gall bladder pseudolithiasis, panceratitis, and acute renal failure.
There is little evidence with regards to the use of ceftriaxone sodium during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and so consult your doctor or health care professional before taking ceftriaxone sodium.
Administration and Dosage
Ceftriaxone may be administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Recommendations of dosage are based on the severity of the infections, age, gender and bodyweight.
The usual dosage for adults, elderly and children above 12 years of age is between 1-2 g of ceftriaxone sodium in every 24 hours/day. In moderate to severe cases dosage may be raised to 4 g/day. The usual dosage for neonates, infants and children up to 12 years: 20-50 mg/kg bodyweight/daily for 14 days. The daily dose should not exceed 50 mg/kg. The usual dosage for children up to 12 years: 20-80 mg/kg/day. The usual adult dosage should be used for children with bodyweights of 50 kg or more.
Intravenous doses of ≥50 mg/kg bodyweight should be given by infusion over at least 30 minutes.
Ceftriaxone sodium powder for injections interacts with anticoagulant medications such as warfarin and typhoid vaccine.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with ceftriaxone sodium powder for injections.
In the case of overdosage, ceftriaxone concentration would not be reduced by hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis. There is no specific antidote. Treatment of overdosage should be symptomatic. These symptoms have to be reported to the medical health professional and seek a medical help urgently.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
For more antibiotics, you can also check the following related products: