Driving or operating machinery is okay, as it does not cause dizziness or drowsiness.
Do NOT use 6-mercaptopurine tablets if:
- You are allergic to 6-mercaptopurine.
- You have previously taken mercaptopurine or thiguanine and your cancer did not respond to it.
- You are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement.
- You have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You have an infection, or have a history of prolonged infections, or you have recently had a vaccination.
- You have a history of bone marrow problems or anemia.
Use of mercaptopurine tablets during pregnancy or breastfeeding should be avoided. Consult your doctor or health care professional before having mercaptopurine.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise.
Other medicine may interact with mercaptopurine, these include allopurinol aminosalicylates or medicines that may weaken the immune system such as warfarin. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with 6-mercaptopurine tablets.
Interested in more Products?
For more chemotherapy, you can also check the following related products: