Do NOT use doxorubicin HCL injection if:
- You are allergic any component of doxorubicin HCL injection.
- You have low blood cell counts caused by previous treatment with other cancer medications or radiation therapy.
- You have decreased heart function.
- You have severe heart rhythm problems.
- You have had a recent myocardial infarction.
- You have severe liver function impairment.
There is little evidence with regards to the use of doxorubicin HCL during pregnancy or breast feeding, and so consult your doctor or health care professional before taking doxorubicin HCL.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise. Usual dose for adults is: 10mg, 50mg or 150mg, depending on the patient and the disease.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with doxorubicin HCL injection.