Always consult a veterinary physician or animal care specialist before using cefquinome sulfate injections.
Indications and Usage
Cefquinome has its antibiotic activity against both gram positive and negative bacteria such as common Gram-positive: Staphylococcus spp, and Corynebacterium pyogenes. Gram-negative: Salmonella spp., Esherichia coli, Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Haemophilus spp.,Pasteurella spp., Klebsiella spp., Proteus mirabilis.
Cefiqunome injection works separately in:
- Respiratory disease caused by Pasteurella multocida and Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica;
- Digital dermatitis, infectious bulbar necrosis and acute interdigital necro-bacillosis (foul in the foot);
- Acute Escherichia coli mastitis with signs of systemic involvement.
- Bacterial infections of the lungs and respiratory tract caused by Pasteurella multocida;
- Haemophilus parasius, Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Streptococcus suis and other cefquinome-sensitive organisms;
- Mastitis-Metritis-Agalactia syndrome (MMA) with involvement of E.coli, Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Corynebacterium spp. and other cefquinome-sensitive organisms.
Administration of cefiquinome is not advisable to the animals hypersensitive to ß-lactamase antibiotics.
Administration and Dosage
Usual dosage is as follows: 1mg of cefquinome sulfate per kg body weight in cattle and 2mg of cefquinome sulfate per kg body weight in pigs (intramuscularly). Cefquinome sulfate injections shouldn’t be administered if any hypersensitivity is discovered.
Refer to an animal care specialist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise, and complete the full treatment, as stopping early can result in a recurrence or worsening of the problem.
Handle this product with great care to avoid contact with skin and eyes also taking recommended precautions. Avoid handling this product if you allergic to ß-lactam antibiotic. Seek urgent medical attention if you develop symptoms such as skin rash and burning of eyes. Unused contents can be disposed of in a suitable landfill.
No special warnings.
No adverse reactions have been reported.