Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking cetirizine hydrochloride. If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor. Driving or operating machinery should be avoided, until you know for sure how your body will respond to the drug.
Do NOT use cetirizine hydrochloride if you:
- Are allergic to cetirizine hydrochloride, or any of the components in the tablet, to hydroxyzine or to any piperazine derivatives;
- Have problems of urinary retention;
- Have an ereditary galactose intolerance (cetirizine hydrochloride contains lactose).
Use of cetirizine hydrochloride during pregnancy or breast feeding is not recommended, because the drug passes into the milk. Consult your doctor or health care professional before using Cetirizine Hydrochloride If you have liver or kidney disease.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise.
Dosage of 10 mg cetirizine hydrochloride:
- Usual dose for children over 12 years old and adults is: 10mg 1 time a day;
- Children under 6 years old: ½ tablet (5 mg), 2 times a day.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with sedative, tranquilizer, or any drugs that affect the nervous system. Dont consume alcoholic drinks while you take cetirizine, it can cause drowsiness or lower your attention.