For more information about our Ampicillin Sodium Powder for Injection
email us at: email@example.com
Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before having ampicillin sodium powder for injection.
Indications and Usage
Ampicillin sodium powder for injection is indicated in the treatment of various infections which are as follows:
- Respiratory Tract Infections caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus (penicillinase and nonpenicillinase-producing), H. influenzae, and Group A beta-hemolytic streptococci.
- Bacterial Meningitis caused by E. coli, Group B streptococci, and other Gram-negative bacteria (Listeria monocytogenes, N. meningitidis).
- Septicemia and Endocarditis caused by susceptible Gram-positive organisms including Streptococcus spp., penicillin G-susceptible staphylococci, and enterococci. Gram-negative sepsis caused by E. coli, Proteus mirabilis and Salmonella spp. responds to ampicillin.
Endocarditis due to enterococcal strains usually responds to intravenous therapy. The addition of an aminoglycoside may enhance the effectiveness of ampicillin when treating streptococcal endocarditis.
- Urinary Tract Infections caused by sensitive strains of E. coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Gastrointestinal Infections caused by Salmonella typhi (typhoid fever), other Salmonella spp., and Shigella spp. (dysentery) usually respond to oral or intravenous therapy.
Do not take ampicillin sodium powder for injection if:
- You are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients;
- You develop watery diarrhea or bloody stools (with or without stomach cramps and fever) ;
- You have developed skin rash which can be maculopapular, pruritic and generalized.
Administration of ampicillin sodium powder for injection during pregnancy is not advisable. Please consult a healthcare professional before using.
Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking ampicillin sodium powder for injection.
Administration and Dosage
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Recommendations of dosage are based on the severity of the infections, age, gender and bodyweight.
Ampicillin sodium powder for injection interacts with allopurinol which eventually increases the incidence of skin rashes. Studies have shown that ampicillin sodium may interact with other antibiotics which are either used orally or intravenously at the same time.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with ampicillin sodium powder for injection.
Symptoms of overdose include trouble breathing and passing out. These symptoms have to be reported to the medical health professional. Seek medical help urgently. In patients with renal function impairment, ampicillin can be removed by hemodialysis but not peritoneal dialysis.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
For more penicillin antibiotics, you can also check the following related products: