- For more information about our Amoxicillin Sodium + Clavulanate Potassium Powder for Injection
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium powder for injection.
Indications and Usage
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium is used in adults and children to treat the following infections: severe ear, nose and throat infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections skin and soft tissue infections, including dental infections bone and joint infections intra-abdominal infection genital organ infections in women.
Do not take amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium powder for injection if:
- You are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients;
- You have any signs of having allergic reaction, which can lead to convulsions and seizures.
Administration of Amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium powder for injection during pregnancy is not advisable. Please consult a healthcare professional before using.
Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium injection.
Administration and Dosage
The usual dose is as follows, depending on the type of infection and its severity:
- Children 0-3 months: 30 mg/kg amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium every 12 hours in infants < 4 kg and 30 mg/kg amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium every 8 hours in infants >4 kg;
- Children 3 months – 12 years: usually 30 mg/kg amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium 8 hourly;
- Adults and children 40 kg and over: usually 1.2 g 8 hourly;
- Dosage for surgical prophylaxis: procedures in adults lasting for less than 1 hour – 1.2 g amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium Intravenously. Longer operations require subsequent doses of 1.2 g amoxicillin sodium + clavulanate potassium IV (up to 4 doses in 24 hours).
Probenecid interacts with amoxicillin and decreases the renal secretion. Concurrent use with amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium may result in increased and prolonged blood levels of amoxicillin which can be excreted by hemodialysis.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with amoxicillin sodium clavulanate potassium powder for injection.
Symptoms of overdose include diarrhea and nausea. If too many injections have been used seek medical help urgently, even if there are no signs of discomfort or poisoning.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
For more antibacterial pharmaceuticals, you can also check the following related products: