- Provide a static adjustable stretch (SAS) of the elbow;
- In order to attain maximum results from the elbow brace, patient compliance is highly advised.
- Set the control knob to the unlocked position;
- Remove the stops from the brace hinge;
- Open each strap and lay arm in brace. Ensure that the hinge and control knobs are positioned on either side of the elbow joint;
- Carefully secure each of the straps in the following order: wrist, shoulder, forearm and bicep;
- To ensure that the brace hinge and control knobs are aligned perfectly with the crease of the elbow, adjust the forearm and bicep straps.
NOTE: It is very important that the brace hinge and control knob are aligned with the crease of the elbow at all times, so as to ensure a proper fit.
- Avoid excessive tightening of the straps as it may compromise circulation. If numbness is experienced, try loosening the straps;
- Before unlocking the brace, turn the control knob slightly to reduce pressure on the arm.