10 tablets/blister, 10 blisters/box;1,000 tablets/bottle
Chloroquine Phosphate Tablets belong to a group of medicines called antimalarials, which are manufactured and used in the prevention and suppression of malaria. The active ingredient is chloroquine phosphate. Chloroquine phosphate has been found to be highly active against erythrocytic forms of Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium malariae and most strains of Plasmodium falciparum. It is also used to treat some autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus erythematosus, as it can also mildly suppress the immune system.
As with all pharmaceuticals, some unwanted effects can occur from the use of Chloroquine Phosphate Tablets. Always consult a doctor or health care professional for medical advice before use. Common side effects include, but may not be limited to: gastrointestinal disturbances, skin disorders, muscular damage, low blood pressure or changes in heart rate, hearing disorders. Seek medical attention if the following develop: effects on the central nervous system (such as convulsions, psychotic reactions including hallucinations, anxiety and personality changes), irreversible retinal damage.
For a comprehensive list of all possible effects, consult your doctor.
If any symptom persists or gets worse, or you notice any other symptom, then please call your doctor immediately.
Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking Chloroquine Tablets.
If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Do NOT use Chloroquine Tablets if:
- You are allergic to chloroquine phosphate or any of the other ingredients in the tablet.
- You are pregnant or are trying to get pregnant.
- You have a rare hereditary problem of glactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactase malabsorption.
- You are currently taking amiodaraone for treatment of irregular heartbeats.
- You suffer from porphyria.
- You suffer from kidney disorders.
- You suffer from liver disorders, particularly cirrhosis.
- You suffer from psoriasis.
- You suffer from convulsions or other nervous disorders.
- You suffer from gastro-intestinal disorders.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise. Usual dose for adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old is: 2 tablets as a single weekly dose, taken on the same day each week during exposure. The products should only be given to children younger than 12 years old under the supervision of a doctor.
You should inform your doctor if you are taking any medication from the following list: amiodarone, carbemazapine, ciclosporin, neostigmine, pyridostigmine, cimetidine, Aventis Pasteur or mefloquine. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before treatment with chloroquine phosphate.
Interested in more Products?
For more antimalarials, you can also check the following related products: