Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking Chloroquine Tablets.
If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Do NOT use Chloroquine Tablets if:
- You are allergic to chloroquine phosphate or any of the other ingredients in the tablet.
- You are pregnant or are trying to get pregnant.
- You have a rare hereditary problem of glactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactase malabsorption.
- You are currently taking amiodaraone for treatment of irregular heartbeats.
- You suffer from porphyria.
- You suffer from kidney disorders.
- You suffer from liver disorders, particularly cirrhosis.
- You suffer from psoriasis.
- You suffer from convulsions or other nervous disorders.
- You suffer from gastro-intestinal disorders.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise. Usual dose for adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old is: 2 tablets as a single weekly dose, taken on the same day each week during exposure. The products should only be given to children younger than 12 years old under the supervision of a doctor.
You should inform your doctor if you are taking any medication from the following list: amiodarone, carbemazapine, ciclosporin, neostigmine, pyridostigmine, cimetidine, Aventis Pasteur or mefloquine. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before treatment with chloroquine phosphate.
Interested in more Products?
For more antimalarials, you can also check the following related products: