Always consult a Medical doctor or patient care specialist before using etoricoxib tablets.
Indications and Usage
Etoricoxib tablets are used to reduce inflammation (swelling) and relieve pain caused by arthritis conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
Etoricoxib is also used as a short-term pain relief in attacks of gout and following dental surgery.
Administration and Dosage
Use of etoricoxib tablets during pregnancy or breastfeeding is harmful. Consult your doctor or healthcare professional before taking etoricoxib.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the advisable dosage.
The usual dose for adults is 30mg taken once per day. Maximum dosage is 120mg taken within a day.
This drug is not for children below the age of 16 years.
Possible interactions with etoricoxib tablets include antihypertensive drugs, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin 11 antagonists, ciclosporin, diuretics, tacrolimus, estrogen, digoxin, and methotrexate.
Etoricoxib tablets should not be taken with alcohol. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with etoricoxib tablets.
Taking more medicines may cause poisoning and serious side effects. Please call the emergency department if you suspect etoricoxib tablets overdose.
Adverse Reactions and Precautions
Do NOT take etoricoxib if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have ever had a stroke or mini-stroke (TIA)
- You have a history of heart failure, angina or heart attack
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- You have inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- You have an active peptic ulcer or bleeding in the gut
- You are below 16 years of age
- You are allergic to its active ingredients
- You have other known allergies
- You have severe kidney or liver problems.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
For more nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, you can also check the following related products: