Always consult a Medical doctor or patient care specialist before using estradiol valerate tablets.
Indications and Usage
Estradiol valerate is indicated in the treatment of moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause.
It is used for vulvar and vaginal atrophy caused by menopause.
Estradiol valerate can also be used in people with ovarian failure, castration, and hypogonadism.
Estradiol valerate is indicated in the treatment of androgen-dependent carcinoma of the prostate but this is for palliation only.
Administration and Dosage
Use of estradiol valerate during pregnancy or breastfeeding appears to be harmful. Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking estradiol valerate.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed the advisable dosage.
The usual dose for adults is 2mg taken once per day.
It is not for children below 18 years old.
Possible interactions with estradiol valerate tablets include aromatase inhibitors like anastrozole and letrozole, fulvestrant, ospemifene, tamoxifen, and tranexamic acid.
It may also give false test results in some laboratory tests e.g. metyrapone test.
Estradiol valerate should not be taken with alcohol.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with estradiol valerate tablets.
Taking more Estradiol valerate may cause poisoning and severe side effects.
Please call the emergency department if you suspect an estradiol valerate tablets overdose.
Adverse Reactions and Precautions
Do NOT take estradiol valerate if:
- You have certain cancers e.g. breast cancer and ovarian cancer;
- You have a history of stroke, heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, and blood clots;
- You have other systemic conditions;
- Your doctor is not aware of your medical history;
- You have a history of any form of cancer;
- You have not consulted with your doctor or patient care specialist;
- You are below 18 years of age;
- You have mental-related problems like depression.
No adverse reactions have been reported.
Interested in more Products?
AdvaCare also offers other treatments for symptoms of menopause, discover a few of them here below: