Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking dapsone tablets. If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Driving or operating machinery should be avoided because a dapsone tablet may make you dizzy until you are sure you can perform these activities safely.
Do NOT use dapsone tablet if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in dapsone tablet or to similar drugs such as sulfoxone;
- You have certain blood disorders, liver disease, severe heart disease, severe lung disease, and very high blood sugar.
Use of dapsone tablets during pregnancy or breastfeeding is fine because it is known that the benefits of dapsone outweigh any potential risk. Dapsone tablet passes into breast milk and might have effects on a nursing infant, therefore consult your doctor or health care professional before taking dapsone tablet.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise.
Usual dose for adults is:
- For Leprosy Lepromatous: 50 to 100 mg orally once a day for 2-5 years;
- For Leprosy Tuberculoid: 100 mg orally once a day for 6 months;
- For Dermatitis Herpetiformis: 50 mg orally once a day continued on a life-long basis. Dosage may be advanced to 300 mg/day;
- For Pneumocystis Pneumonia: 100 mg orally once a day for 14 to 21 days;
- For Pneumocystis Pneumonia Prophylaxis: 100 mg orally twice a week. Therapy should be continued on a life-long basis;
- For Toxoplasmosis Prophylaxis: 100 mg orally twice a week continued on a life-long basis.
The usual dose for children is: there is no standard dosage for children, please consult your doctor.
If you have a special medical condition let your doctor know because it might be necessary to adjust the dosage.
There are a huge number of drugs that may interact with dapsone, especially the one that may also affect the blood. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with dapsone tablet.
Interested in more Products?
For more antibacterials, you can also check the following related products: