Stayguard’s abdominal/stomach supports are commonly used after:
- Caesarean surgery (C-secton);
- An exploratory laparotomy and other abdominal surgery which include hysterectomy, abdominoplasty, spinal surgery and weight loss surgery;
Place the abdominal/stomach support around your abdomen to be over the bandages and under your clothes.
Fasten the adjustable binding belts to have the support comfortably compress your abdomen and fit properly without excessive contraint.
Depending on the type of surgery you might be required to wear an abdominal support up to six weeks. Always consult your doctor for indication on the time you need to wear an abdominal support.
- Provides support to abdominal muscles weakened by strain;
- Improves post-operative pain;
- Reduces swelling and breathing difficulty;
- Provides compression to muscles in postoperative phase, without restricting redevelopment.
- Make sure to be able to breathe comfortably when wearing an abdominal support;
- Keep the abdominal support with a comfortably tight closure in order to not cause discomfort around the surgical site;
- Keep the abdominal/stomach support clean and dry to prevent skin irritation or increase risk of infections.