Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking aminophylline tablets.
If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Driving or operating machinery is okay but use caution when driving or operating machinery or performing other risky activities because aminophylline can cause dizziness or downsides. Avoid these activities if you feel dizzy after taking aminophylline tablets.
Do NOT use aminophylline tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in aminophylline tablets (including ethylenediamine), similar medicines (eg, theophylline), or xanthines (eg, caffeine, chocolate);
- you are using large amounts of other products that contain xanthine (such as chocolate or caffeinated drinks);
- you are taking dipyridamole intravenously (IV) or halothane.
Use of aminophylline during pregnancy or breast feeding is fine after consulting with your doctor. Aminophylline belongs to pregnancy category C by the FDA and is only recommended for use during the pregnancy when there are no other alternatives and benefit outweighs risk.
Consult your doctor or health care professional before taking aminophylline tablet.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise.
Usual dose for adults is:
- Adults, teenagers, and children above 1 year of age weighing more than 45kilograms (kg): At first, 380milligrams (mg) per day, divided and given every 6 to 8 hours. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed. However, the total dose is usually not more than 760mg per day;
- Older adults: The dose must be determined by your doctor. However, the total dose is usually not more than 507 milligrams per day, divided and given every 6 to 8 hours.
Usual does for children is:
- Children and teenagers 1 to 15 years of age weighing less than 45kilograms (kg) dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. At first, the dose is 15.2 to 17.7milligrams (mg) per kg of body weight per day, divided and given every 4 to 6 hours. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed. However, the total dose is usually not more than 25.3mg per kg of body weight per day or 760mg per day.
- Infants younger than 1 year of age use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
Do not take aminophylline with riociguat and it may also interact with following medications: adenosine, allopurinol, aminoglutethimide, caffeine, cimetidine, disulfiram, ephedrine, fluvoxamine, interferon, isoproterenol, lithium, medicines for anxiety or sleep, medicines for colds and breathing difficulties, methotrexate, pentoxifylline, some antibiotics or anti infectives, some medicines for irregular heart rhythms, some medicines for treating seizures, some medicines used during surgery, sulfinpyrazone and tacrine.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with aminophylline tablets.