AdvaCare is a GMP manufacturer of Benzathine Penicillin powder for injections.
Penicillin G benzathine is a slow-onset antibiotic that fights bacteria in your body. Penicillin G benzathine is used to treat many different types of severe infections, including strep infections, rheumatic fever, and syphilis.
This medication is given by injection into a large muscle as directed by your doctor. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. For children, the dosage is also based on age and weight.
If you are using this medication at home, learn all preparation and usage instructions from your healthcare professional. Do not inject into or near an artery, nerve, or vein.
Also, see Warning section.
Change the injection site each time to lessen injury to the muscle. Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid. Learn how to store and discard medical supplies safely.
Antibiotics work best when the amount of medicine in your body is kept at a constant level. If more than one dose is needed, receive this drug at evenly spaced intervals as prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any doses.
As with all pharmaceuticals, some unwanted effects can occur from the use of benzathine penicillin powder for injections. Always consult a doctor or health care professional for medical advice before use.
Common side effects include:
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Blurred vision, ringing in your ears;
- Headache, dizziness;
- Mild skin rash; or
- Pain, swelling, bruising, skin changes, or a hard lump where the medicine was injected.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- Skin rash with bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- Rash or itching with swollen glands, joint pain, or general ill feeling;
- Diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- Slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, slow breathing;
- Fast or pounding heartbeats;
- Uncontrolled muscle movements, problems with vision, speech, balance, thinking, or walking;
- Confusion, agitation, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- Easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- Pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine; or
- Urinating less than usual or not at all.
For a comprehensive list of all possible effects, consult your doctor.
If any symptom persists or gets worse, or you notice any other symptom, then please call your doctor immediately.