Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking hydrocortisone (for eyes) ointment.
If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Do NOT use hydrocortisone (for eyes) ointment if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to hydrocortisone;
- You suffer from raised pressure in your eye(s): glaucoma;
- You have a viral and fungal infection of the eye;
- You have a bacterial infection of the eye known as tuberculosis;
- You are wearing soft contact lenses. These should be removed whilst you are using hydrocortisone eye ointment.
Hydrocortisone (for eyes) ointment is created for ophthalmic use only and should not be used in the nose, mouth and ears.
Over dosage, application frequency, and treatment duration of hydrocortisone (for eyes) ointment should not be exceeded.
Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking, before your treatment with hydrocortisone eye ointment.