Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before administering diltiazem HCL injections.
If your condition does not improve or becomes worse, then call your doctor.
Avoid driving and operating machinery until you know how the drug affects you.
Do NOT use diltiazem hydrochloride injection if:
- You are allergic to diltiazem or any other containing ingredients;
- You have sick sinus syndrome or AV block(2nd or 3rd degree) except in patients with artificial pacemaker;
- You have atrial fibrillation associated with an accessory bypass tract;
- You are administering beta-blockers together or within a few hours;
- You have severe hypotension, cardiogenic shock, or ventricular tachycardia.
Use of diltiazem hydrochloride during pregnancy or breast feeding should be avoided. Consult your doctor or health care professional before using diltiazem hydrochloride injection.
Refer to your doctor or pharmacist for guidelines on dosage. Do not exceed what they advise. Usual initial dose for adults is: 25mg/kg IV bolus over 2 minutes. After bolus dose, immediate maintenance dose is 10 mg/hour with increased increments of 5mg/hour up to 15mg/hour if needed. Diltiazem hydrochloride for pediatric use should be avoided as safety and efficacy is not known.
Tell your doctor if you have low blood pressure, taking rifampin, had a recent heart attack, and other health problems. Diltiazem hydrochloride has possible interactions with other drugs, such as ibuprofen and cold drugs. It should be used with care with elderly patients. Consult with your doctor about any medications you are taking or any medical conditions you have before your treatment with diltiazem hydrochloride injection.