AdvaCare is a CE, ISO and USFDA manufacturer of Surgical Sutures.
Surgical sutures are a medical device used by doctors and surgeons to close tissues after a surgery that provoked a wound or an injury.
AdvaCare surgical sutures are manufactured in 12 different high-quality materials, in both absorbable and non-absorbable material. The absorbable sutures are highly recommended for those surgeries that cannot be operated on after the initial surgery and so can be naturally absorbed by the human body.
– Chromic catgut suture, made from collagen, this catgut has more benefits compared to a regular catgut, naturally absorbed by the human body in 90 days.
– Plain Catgut has a shorter absorption time which makes this suture ideal for tissues which require short-term wound support.
– Polyglycolic acid (PGA) is a synthetic surgical suture characterized by exceptional tensile strength and in-vivo inertness.
– Rapid Polyglycolic Acid (PGAR) is intended to be used in soft tissues where only short-term wound support is required, and where rapid absorption of the suture is needed.
– Polyglactin 910 (PGLA) is suitable for cases in which a predictable absorption and good tensile strength are needed; the suture holds its tensile strength for approximately two or three weeks in the tissue.
– Polydioxanone (PDS) is a monofilament material which can be used in all future sizes. This kind of material is particularly useful when an extended wound support (up to six weeks) is desirable.
– Poliglecaprone 25 (MO) is a monofilament suture, used for soft-tissue approximation and ligation.
– Silk sutures: often used to secure drains during a surgery.
– Nylon sutures: quite durable and is an important option in treating both internal and external wounds.
– Polypropylene sutures: useful for cases in which high resistance and low loss of tensile strength are required.
– Polyester sutures: have optimal handling properties.
– Stainless Steel Wires: indicated for use in abdominal wound closure, hernia repair, sternal closure and orthopedic surgery.
Our surgical suture product line is ISO, CE and USFDA approved.